The so-called happiest time of year can also be stressful and hard on Mother Nature. Thankfully, over the years we’ve compiled simple tips for a greener, healthier, and happier holiday.
Everything you need to know about Christmas trees
- Turns out, a real tree is better for the environment
- … but watch out for mold!
- … and remember to recycle it
- Get crafty with these DIY decoration ideas
- Choose greener holiday lights (pardon the pun)
- Wrap your presents in creative, eco-friendly ways
Food and entertaining
- Host a green holiday party
- Be prepared for potlucks with these delicious alive dishes
- Plan your Christmas morning brunch menu
- Learn when holiday drinking becomes too much
Stay healthy (and safe)
- Yes, you can avoid the holiday bulge!
- … but if you have indulged, learn how to ward off heartburn
- Keep these safety tips in mind when it comes to kids, pets, food poisoning, and holiday hazards
- Do your best to find time for exercise (and not just running through the mall)
- Make sure to check out our 2013 Gift Guide in our December issue for the latest and greatest gift ideas—found at health food stores!
- Also consider giving a symbolic gift
- Whip up some yummy edible gifts in the kitchen